5 keys to maintain the tan after the summer
Summer is coming to an end and with it the holidays. The beach days and pool afternoons are a thing of the past and when, at last, you can boast of golden skin, it's time to go back to the office. If you do not want that with the fall of the first leaves your tan disappears, write down these tips and to look dark in autumn.
5 keys to show off your tan in the fall
1. Constancy and exfoliation.The elimination of dead cells is a key step for the skin to acquire a faster and more uniform tan. In the same way, this helps us to keep the skin free of impurities and its subsequent hydration is much more effective. This cell regeneration will not only make the sun's rays gild our body more quickly, but also the skin will regain its shine and elasticity.
At the end of the summer, the body and facial exfoliation removes all the remains of dead skin, which sometimes results in small welts or a neglected appearance of the body. This is why it is so important to be constant in the exfoliation, introducing it into our beauty routine. Repeating the process 1 or 2 times a week will be enough to make the skin look more radiant.
2. Daily hydration.There is no point in being constant in the previous step if it is not followed by deep hydration. Hydrating the skin daily allows it to remain balanced in terms of its water and nutrients levels, thus keeping the skin elastic and luminous.
Arriving from the beach, removing the remains of sand in the shower and smearing the body in aftersun is one of the greatest pleasures of summer, a pleasure that if you keep also in autumn it will make your tan stay longer and you will recover your skin after summer.
3. An extra help.Not all people acquire the same skin tone in summer, nor do they achieve it as quickly. For those who are more limited at the time of tanning during the summer, they can always use nutricosmetics to give the boost their melanocytes need. These capsules allow the skin to acquire a healthy and fast tan, activating the action of the melanocytes naturally. In this way, it accelerates the tone of the skin without becoming dangerous to it.
The nutricosmetics should be accompanied by good sun protection and adequate measures when exposing the body to sunlight, always avoiding exposures in the hours between 12: 00h and 17: 00h. One of the main characteristics of this type of products is the homogeneity of the tan, since it prevents the appearance of spots on the skin or an insane aspect of it.
4. No protection, no sun.Although we love to wear a golden tone on the skin, we must achieve it in a healthy and conscious way. That is, we can not step on the sand without putting the sunscreen in your bag. Although there is a belief that the use of sunscreen limits tanning, this is not true. Taking the sun protected allows the skin to acquire a brown tone naturally and progressively. The rush was never good, neither in beauty. In addition, it will help the tan to last longer.
5. Take care of your diet and take care of your tan.Everyone knows the power of the carrot to tan the skin, but it is not the only one. All those foods rich in beta carotene will be your allies so that your tan stays for longer, such as apricots, watermelon or strawberries. This antioxidant is deposited on the fat cells, putting the melanocytes to work without rest.
Another great ally for your skin and that you will find in your kitchen are those foods rich in vitamin E, such as olive oil, hazelnuts, peanuts or even the great fashion food: avocado. Vitamin C also protects the skin from the adverse effects of the sun, thanks to the fact that it stimulates the skin's flexibility and minimizes the free radicals generated in the skin by the sun's rays.
To look beautiful tan protection is the first step and perseverance and care the key to prolong it over time.
Carmen Díaz Director of the Germaine Goya aesthetic center.