The universities with the best performance in Spain
After high school, and after passing the relevant tests, one of the paths that are open to young people is the college. Many are the centers of higher education that are located in Spain and that can become the place of study for many students. How to choose? What is the criterion to decide which is better than another? From the CYD Foundation this ranking is offered.
A list that classifies colleges Spanish companies attending to performance indicators. A total of 24 tips that are divided into fields such as Teaching and Learning, or research conducted by this center. In this way, there is a ranking in which quality is measured according to these characteristics.
Two universities at the top
Which are the universities of greater performance in Spain and that therefore agglutinate a greater number of indicators? Both the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the University of Navarra have 24 tips. Pompeu Fabra University appears in a second step (23).
In third place is the Complutense University of Madrid (21). Girona, Autónoma de Madrid or Deusto agglutinate 20 of these reference indicators. Within the top 15, 10 of these universities are public and the other 5 private. Martí Parellada, director of this ranking, explained during the presentation of this ranking that it should not be taken strictly because "all the participating universities have some indicator in the group with the highest performance".
By academic field, this is the CYD ranking:
- Pharmacy: Barcelona, Complutense of Madrid, Navarra, Salamanca, Santiago de Compostela.
- Social Work: Deusto, Granada, Málaga, Rey Juan Carlos, Valencia (Estudi General).
- Political Sciences: Autónoma de Madrid, Carlos III of Madrid, Pompeu Fabra, Ramon Llull, Salamanca.
- Sociology: Carlos III of Madrid, Pompeu Fabra, Pontifical Comillas, King Juan Carlos, Zaragoza.
- Psychology: Autonomous University of Barcelona, Deusto, Lleida, Oviedo, Salamanca.
- Education: Autonomous University of Madrid, Girona, Salamanca, Valladolid, Zaragoza.
- Medicine: Autonomous University of Madrid, Barcelona, Navarra, Pompeu Fabra, Salamanca.
- Dentistry: Complutense of Madrid, Granada, International de Catalunya, Murcia, Salamanca.
- Nursing: Alicante, Navarra, Public of Navarre, Salamanca, Valladolid.
Ranking by dimensions
And in which tips of the ranking stand out? CYD highlights the following:
- Teaching and Learning: Catholic of Valencia San Vicente Mártir, Deusto, Girona, Navarra, Pompeu Fabra, San Pablo-CEU.
- Research: Cantabria, Girona, Jaume I of Castelló, Navarra, Pompeu Fabra, Rovira i Virgili.
- Transfer of Knowledge: Autonomous University of Barcelona, Carlos III of Madrid, Mondragón Unibertsitatea, Navarra, Polytechnic of Madrid, Polytechnic of Valencia, Zaragoza.
- International Orientation: Autonomous University of Barcelona, Autonomous University of Madrid, Carlos III of Madrid, Deusto, Pompeu Fabra.
- Contribution to regional development: Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Deusto, Girona, International of Catalonia, La Laguna, Polytechnic of Catalonia, Rovira i Virgili, Seville.
By territories, the ranking is distributed as follows:
- Teaching and Learning: Castilla y León, Navarra, Basque Country.
- Research: Cantabria, Catalonia, C. Valenciana, Galicia.
- Knowledge Transfer: Catalonia, Madrid, Basque Country.
- International Orientation: Catalonia, Madrid, Basque Country.
- Contribution to regional development: Catalonia, Andalusia, Valencian Community.