Alternatives to screaming in the education of children
Dialogue is always the best option to inculcate values and discuss with the little ones in the house. On the contrary, shouting they do not help achieve the goal of making children understand a lesson. The direct consequence of raising your voice when it should be debated is a state of greater nervousness in the little ones.
There are better alternatives to those of shout to the children when it is sought to make understand a message and from the Understood Foundation several of them are offered. Techniques with which to achieve success when addressing children when they have behaved badly or want to repress bad behavior.
Acting with respect
The Understood Foundation makes it clear, the first step to succeed is to act with respect. Although they are not the same age and parents are the main figure of authority at home, that does not mean that you should not be courteous to the little ones. Here are some alternatives to shouting at home:
- Safe tone but without raising it. Raising your voice to ask for peace of mind when discussing with your children can confuse them and make things worse. Instead try, using a calm and authoritative tone will make the child calm down and understand that someone superior to him is speaking in the hierarchy of the home.
- Repeat as much as possible. It does not matter how many times you have to repeat it until the child understands it. It will always be better to remember a lesson than to shout it. Again, we must maintain a calm and calm tone.
- Do not give up the debate. If the child responds, it is better to talk and talk than to impose a criterion through the screaming. In this way, the smallest will be able to reason through the debate.
- Be direct. It is better to use a direct message, using the name of the children, than to raise your voice and get carried away by nerves. In this way it will be easier to get their attention instead of screaming and having the tension scatter them.
- Use humor. It is always better a tone of humor and relaxed to be upset and scream. Using a joke and laughing can be appropriate when the child is disturbed, when relaxed, he will proceed to use a calmer tone to reflect on his behavior.
- Stop and take advantage of the silence. If the children are very upset, the use of a time of silence can be used so that the nerves are appeased and the children can reflect. It is always better to stop before the climate of the conversation is exceeded.
- Remember who is the oldest. Children do not have total control over their emotions. Therefore parents should take into account that they are adults, so they should not follow the game of their children and increase their volume to be above them.