The pay of Spanish children is 7.50 euros on average per week
The weekly pay It is one of the first lessons that the child receives about economy and autonomy. On the one hand, the child learns to manage their own expenses and to differentiate between necessity and pure whim, as well as the value of savings to be able to face higher expenses in the future. On the other hand, he also experiences what it means to manage profits that do not give for everything.
How much does a child receive in Spain through this allowance? This is one of the questions answered by the report prepared by The Modern Kids, where the situation of children in this country is reviewed through the attention to certain topics. One of them, in this case, is the weekly pay that parents give their children every week.
1,700 million euros in total
One of the data that is advanced of this report is the one of the payment that the children in Spain receive weekly. In total there are about 5 million children between 5 and 15 years old in this country, the weekly pay that they all receive is from € 7.50. Adding all these amounts the total is 1,700 million, an amount that impresses and that encompasses all assignments received by children.
Some data that are far from those offered by the Junior Achievement Foundation Spain and MetLife which amounts to 25 euros per week for the payment that children receive after the age of 11 and that is left in the 12 for children under this age. A total of about 100 euros per month, which in most cases is used for savings for future expenses, although there is no fixed amount for this purpose.
And at what age is it advisable to start paying? From the Hospital of Sant Joan de Déu explain that the common thing is to start between 6 and 8 years, stage in which the smallest and know certain concepts such as add and subtract, know the value of money and start doing, accompanied, their first purchases.
Securities paid weekly
The weekly pay, as stated at the beginning, is a practice that can teach certain values to the smallest of the house. Here are some of them:
- Savings. Not everything that is received must be spent, we must save for possible future setbacks or unexpected purchases that require more expense.
- Responsibility The pay is what it is, there is no more except in case of emergency. If this amount is spent, there is no option to ask for more.
- Effort The payment should not be "free", it should respond to the child's activity at home, a way of salary fulfill their responsibilities.
- Autonomy. The child owns his pay and he invests it in what he believes. In this way, he will learn to manage himself and to know how to handle the assignment that his parents give him.
- The money's value. Money is finite, that's something that you learn fast when you drive.