Everything the baby can learn in his crib
Maybe your baby is one of those who starts crying when you lie in his crib. It seems he does not want to let you rest and he wants to be in your arms all day! You must catch him a lot, shove him, but he must also learn to stay intervals of time in your crib. To do this, teach him to enjoy the world around him with stimulation exercises that help him awaken his senses.
Since birth, the baby must go learning to be quiet in his crib, without feeling abandoned. There is a popular belief that babies who get used to arms do not want to be left alone in the crib, but this is not the case. The baby needs to feel the mother, the father, needs the body contact. But also, it is essential for his development to become accustomed to his new external world and, above all, to relate that the cradle, in addition to sleeping, serves to know the reality that surrounds him.
The cradle, an ally for learning the baby
Mª Carmen García-Castellón, together with Elizabeth Fodor and Montserrat Morán, explain us in their book A whole world of sensations (Editorial Pyramid), great amount of stimuli that the baby can acquire from his crib, to develop all his senses. This makes your baby's crib your ally. If it has wheels, we can move it from one room to another. But it is also good that we are the ones who go to his room to make these games so fun for our son.
7 games for your baby in his crib
1. Stimulate your hearing with sounds and voices. To stimulate your language, it is important that you talk to him, the more the better. Repeat your name and identify yourself by saying "I'm a mom", "I'm a dad". The tone and melody that you use is essential. The child is more sensitive to high-pitched sounds than to low-pitched ones. From her crib, the baby can locate the sound source and try to turn her face towards her.
2. Nana and lullaby. If throughout the day you combine the words with the songs that you sing, you will be favoring the development of the two cerebral hemispheres, to achieve a good balance between them and you will enhance their intelligence.
3. Photos of your faces. He hangs pictures in his crib inside the bars of his brothers, his grandparents and his parents too. Besides entertaining you, it will help you to feel more secure because they are your favorite faces, and the face of mom is the one you like the most.
4. Music in his crib. Record tapes with the voices of dad, mom or a little brother and also, put ribbons with melodic music, preferably baroque. This will help you calm down, fall asleep and feel accompanied. You can also record your babbling, rattles, laughter or heartbeat. Place the appliance near the crib at a volume of about 50 decibels.
5. A handkerchief with your smell. Babies recognize mom's smell and help them calm down. A handkerchief impregnated with your milk, or with your cologne water in the crib may be a good idea.
6. In arms. The crib should not be a substitute for your arms, so you have to lull it often to make it feel protected and loved. When you hold it in your arms, and before it closes its eyes, you leave it gently in its cradle so that it knows that this is the place where it must sleep. Once there, rock the cradle a little bit so that it ends up falling asleep.
7, The mobile of lights and shadows. After two months, when you lie down in the room, so that it is not completely dark, you can put a table phone that projects lights and shadows on the wall and ceiling. If you have sounds that help you relax and fall asleep, the better. So that you do not receive the stimulation permanently on the same side, it is good to change the position of the baby inside the crib.
Advice: Mª Carmen García-Castellón