The importance of the affective bond of children reaches adulthood
A family is not just a coexistence. These homes represent a union between people through a link that has important consequences in the development of people. The presence, or absence, of this affection in the children or between the different members can have important repercussions in the future of the same. So explains it Maite Urizar Uribe, psychologist at the Children and Adolescent Mental Health Center of Barakaldo.
Urizar explains in one of his essays the need to introduce this emotional bond in the youngest ones, since the behavior of young people will depend on them when they reach adulthood. In this way, many disorders can be prevented during adolescence and other personality problems once they form their own family.
The affective bond between parents and children
Urizar defines the affective bond as "the affective bond that appears between two people and that generates a framework of trust in the other and in life, in a context of communication and development". On the other hand, the psychologist explains that the addiction it is "a preprogrammed mechanism that activates a whole range of behaviors, making it possible for the baby to bond with the mother".
The absence of both aspects in the development of children has been defined by John Bowlby as "personalities devoid of tenderness". Something that gives rise to behavior problems in young people in the absence of these mechanisms that are present in any baby, seeking safety in the arms of his father and later emotional support.
Through the bond, the children get:
- Keep a caregiver and support close
- A feeling of security that promotes exploration, something important in the first years of life
- Regulate emotions
-Exhaust valves to cope with stress
Types of affective bond in families
Not all affective bonds are the behavior of children: difficult problems and disorders of gestionary the bet of one or the other in the family environment will result in one character or another that will mark the behavior of the child, and in the future, adult. These are some examples that can suppose the appearance of a disorder in the personality of the smallest ones:
- Insecure link avoidant. It is about absence, parents act as if nothing is wrong. Therefore, the child tends to avoid situations that involve contact or emotional closeness. There is a premature deactivation of emotions.
- Resistant insecure link. In the absence of affective bond the child cries and does not allow himself to be consoled by the stranger. He only wants to be cared for by the mother and therefore when he is absent he becomes nervous, he gives rise to a hypervigilance of the people he wants to end up giving rise to possessive attitudes.
- Disorganized link. In the absence of the bond, the child has avoidant and anxious behaviors. His personality develops showing contradictory behaviors, movements and misdirected, incomplete expressions. In his relationship with the family he is afraid of the parents and indications of psychic and emotional disorganization.