Visits to the camp, the rules that should be clear
How many things to do in summer! If you know how to manage the times, boredom will stay away from the child in the summer period. From a family trip, to a visit to the pool, or to go to a camp. All these options will keep the child occupied and they will participate in many activities that will prevent a sedentary lifestyle and, of course, boredom.
However, in many of these activities the child will not be alone. Next to him he will have several people, as for example in the case of camp, where it will coincide with monitors and other minors. Therefore, to make clear some rules of social relations and good behavior will avoid situations from which problems derive that embitter the experience of the little ones.
Behavior with colleagues
As has been said, the children will be in constant contact with other children of their ages. From the camp Our Lady of Florida in León, these rules are given to ensure good interactions between the assistants:
- Do not disturb, tease, mock, threaten or discriminate against anyone in the camp.
- Do not use any type of violence, both physical and verbal. Fights, punches, heavy jokes, indecent vocabulary, bad words, inappropriate conversations, will be banned at summer camp.
- Continuous respect for colleagues, monitors, coordinators and any user present in the camp facilities.
- Participation in the activities of the camp, not isolated from the rest of the group and try to meet all the children present. Avoid the formation of groups.
Not only do you have to take into account social character. The stay in a camp involves a visit to a different environment from home, so you have to follow rules of coexistence that avoid risks and ensure the stability of the child within this context:
- Respect for the environment. The children are in a natural environment and should make sure to leave everything as it was found.
- Full respect to the camp hours. The routine of these environments must be fulfilled in order not to alter the planned activities. This involves respecting the hours established for eating and resting and always obeying the orders of those responsible and monitors
- Prohibited the use of alcohol and other toxic substances. These products can suppose the alteration of the order that prevails in the camp
- The consumption of food or drinks other than those provided by the camp kitchen service are not allowed in the camps. Bringing some of these products from home can cause food problems or lack of appetite in the dining rooms, as well as conflicts between those attending this environment. If the child needs a special menu, in the case of celiacs, it is recommended to notify them before attending.
- Maximum care when children use sharp objects for some activities. These items are work tools, not instruments to make jokes or threaten colleagues.
- The use of elements such as smartphones or portable game consoles is totally forbidden. Except in case of emergency, the use of mobile phones is restricted in order to ensure a complete disconnection within this natural environment.
- Respect for the camp spaces. Scenarios such as showers should not become places to socialize and cause a delay in schedules.
It may interest you:
- Reasons to point your children to summer camps
- How to educate in values through summer camps
- Summer camps: an unlimited offer