Sleeping next to electronic devices makes us sleep less and worse
New technologies have changed people's lives in many ways: they allow contact with people from a distance, offer information in a matter of seconds, help find an offer of leisure in times of boredom, store memories in the form of photos, etc. But also they have altered the day to day of the individuals in other ways that are not so positive.
Not only because these devices have created a new kind of dependence which in many cases means not knowing how to live without using these technologies. They have also altered other points such as good break, this is indicated by the study published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information. Research that has shown that sleeping next to one of these devices reduces the quality and quantity of sleep.
Appearance of sleep disorders
For this investigation, other experimental studies were taken into account. A total of 463 works were reviewed in the search for a connection between the presence or not of new technologies during the night in the smallest and the quality of the dream thereof. The data confirmed the theory of those responsible for those responsible, confirming that the quality at rest was lower.
The amount of sleep was less when using electronic devices before going to sleep. Children in these cases could not rest the hours recommended by specialists to be able to recharge facing the next day. It also found a greater impoverishment in quality.
The use of electronic devices before going to bed was related to the presence of greater daytime sleep and a lack of attention capacity during school hours, leading to a greater possibility of school failure. Specifically children and adolescents who used electronic devices at bedtime or an hour earlier had 2.52 times more possibilities to rest less hours than recommended.
Alterations were also found in the sleep of the children They had one of these terminals near before and during sleep hours, even though they did not use them. Some data that reveal that not only the use of these technologies affects the quality of rest, also the presence in the environment of these devices can cause a decline in these terms.
Not only do you have to monitor the presence and use of new technologies in the room. You also have to ensure good sleep hygiene to get a good rest and sleep peacefully:
1. Practice exercise. The moderate aerobic exercise is the one that provides the greatest benefits. A system that allows us to free ourselves from stress and daily worries. Therefore, it is essential that we perform some activity with which we feel comfortable and full as walking, riding a bicycle, dancing ...
2. Have a good rest area. Our place of rest must be an oasis of peace that allows us a total disconnection. We have to avoid mobile, portable external stimuli and any electronic device to avoid technological insomnia.
3. Schedules and routine. Our body needs a set schedule and try to go to bed at the same time, as much as possible. This will make it easier for the organism to enter a state of ideal relaxation to sleep and wake up comforted.
4. Tranquility. Conflicts are not good in, but less so in our life, but even less so in order to sleep. Avoid conflicts and bad thoughts before going to sleep, do not think of anything negative and take a break during that moment.
5. Avoid reading and watching television. The place of rest should only be associated with sleep, so we should try to perform other types of activities at another time and place.