Baby lead weaning, encourage the autonomy of the child with food
They come to this world and are totally dependent on parents. However, as children grow they gain autonomy and manage to do more and more things for themselves. On many occasions, this independence with respect to parents must be promoted through many activities, including the possibility of starting encourage from very early ages with different techniques.
One of them is the baby lead weaning, a way of feeding in which not only other products begin to be included, but also help the child gain autonomy. A double function with which parents can get a child with more independence.
Food on demand for your baby
The first thing that is sought with the baby lead weaning it is the child himself who asks to eat. Pediatricians explain that after six months breast milk or formula is no longer sufficient to meet the nutritional needs of the baby. It is at that moment when we must begin to introduce complementary feeding. A supplementary contribution that should always be dictated by the child according to his needs.
The objective of baby lead weaning is introducing different foods in the baby's diet little by little so that they get used to them and demand them when they feel like it. Little by little you can offer the same products that consume the rest, always watching what is given, so that they are accustomed to them. In this way the little one nibbles, savors and experiences other flavors.
Pediatricians explain that another advantage of baby lead weaning, or complementary feeding, is that More smalls they do not need other types of products. The same ones that the rest consume, are the ones that taste. The second most positive point is that children get accustomed to a rhythm of life similar to that of their home and adapt to this clock.
It is at this point where autonomy comes into play. When adapting to these times, it is the baby who begins to feel hungry and asks for those foods that he has liked. In addition, with these routines are they who consume these products, to take them on their own they need less and less their parents and the time when they are the ones who sit at the table to handle the cutlery, the trance is Less hard for them.
Recommended foods for babies
As has been said, not all products that adults consume are recommended to start with the baby lead weaning. These are some foods that pediatricians suggest for those interested in this technique:
- Vegetables cooked steamed or lightly roasted or fried. They can be whole, such as green beans, broccoli or cauliflower, or cut into pieces the size of a finger: zucchini, carrot, pumpkin, potato, eggplant, etc.
- Raw fruits and vegetables, cut in elongated shape: pear, banana, mango, plum, avocado, cucumber
- Stewed meat, cooked or grilled, cut into strips or with a long part to catch it: chicken, veal, turkey, lamb, pork, etc.
- Elongated tacos of cheese, bread or toast, colines, rice cakes, rice balls or rice cooked in any way, mini sandwiches, etc.
- Avoid products with added sugars and excessive salt level.
In the same way, pediatricians give these recommendations to parents when it comes to starting the baby lead weaning:
- The baby knows how much food he needs. Do not hurry or force him to eat.
- It is good to breastfeed as often as you ask and complete your diet with easy-to-manipulate pieces of food.
- If you take bottles, you should keep at least 4-5 shots a day.