Christmas excursions: places to fall in love at this time of year
Christmas arrives, some very special dates for the whole family in which also the vacations of the smallest of the house come after several months studying and occupying their afternoons in homework. Taking advantage of this free time offered by this time is a good way to recover the moments that have not been shared by the responsibilities.
A good way to have a great time with your family is to take a trip. The Spanish geography offers many destinations with which to fill the memory of fun moments. We propose you eight places to visit in this time and with which you will surely have a great time with your family.
1. Rute (Cordova). Christmas brings us several things that we do not see during the rest of the year as the representation of the birth of Jesus in the Portal of Bethlehem or the sweets. In Rute both elements are combined in the Chocolate Crib that will make the most sweet tooth enjoy this visit.
2. Medinaceli (Soria) After so much time in the big city, to disconnect there is nothing better than to look for a quiet place to enjoy nature. Medinaceli is a small village in Soria that offers one of the best winter prints that can be enjoyed in Spain. Considered one of the most beautiful villages of this country among its streets you will find the peace that the noise of the metropolis has not offered you.
3. Jijona (Alicante). In Rute the sweet tooth can enjoy chocolate and in Jijona the nougat. The whole family can enjoy the visit to the factories of these products so demanded at Christmas and of course, taste them once this tour is completed.
4. Pomegranate. With Sierra Nevada so close for sports lovers to practice skiing and with such a great cultural offer, Granada is positioned as a good option to enjoy a Christmas full of activity and with many options to choose from. Perfect for those who do not settle for just one plan in their agenda.
5. Madrid. The capital of Spain puts on its best clothes to receive Christmas. An excellent lighting in all its streets and an excellent snack consisting of hot chocolate and its famous churros. In addition, its Plaza Mayor is filled with stalls where you can buy typical products from this period as figures for the Portal de Belén.
6. Calatayud (Saragossa). A town that is a perfect destination for families who love gastronomy, since the Stone Monastery and its natural park are only a half hour away by car. A beautiful destination where you can connect with nature and forget the asphalt. Walking all its trails will make everyone marvel at the beauty of this place while exercising.
7. Panticosa (Huesca). Ski lovers will find in Panticosa an excellent track to carry out their favorite activity. In addition the streets of this town will also allow that between a descent and another there is also time to disconnect with a cultural activity.
8. Sigüenza (Guadalajara). A medieval city perfectly preserved at the foot of a castle is an opportunity to spend a quiet Christmas in a historic environment in good condition. The smell of firewood in its narrow streets will make you regret not having opted for this option.