How to work the subconscious to educate children positively
A child should never go to bed sad, angry or newly punished. This is a maxim that parents must take into account when it comes to work the subconscious to educate children positively. And it is that depending on the stimuli that children receive in their subconscious since childhood, this way their character will be formed and they will be older.
The subconscious It may seem, for some parents, something magical, Freudian, used by seers, charlatans, etc. The truth is that knowing how the subconscious works and using it to educate better, is a challenge that is worth accepting. Working the subconscious of our children is to educate in positive.
If we look for its Latin origins we could say that the subconscious is what is below consciousness. It would be synonymous with unconsciousness. From a psychoanalytical point of view it would be synonymous with preconscious and we would define it as the set of psychic contents not activated in consciousness at a certain moment, but susceptible to be when necessary, without the subject resisting.
A simpler definition would be: all activities of the brain not governed by the free decision of the will of the person.
Messages from parents that are recorded in the subconscious
We as parents, have an enormous responsibility in the formation of the subconscious of our children. What we transmit to you, verbally or non-verbally, will be recorded in your unconsciousness, although in many occasions we do not even realize it. Thus, we can transfer negative messages (insecurity, doubts, fears, low self-esteem) or positive (confidence, decision, courage, high self-esteem). The patterns of positive or negative behavior remain in the subconscious of our children.
Also, the subconscious mind is responsible for the repetition of learned behaviors, which is very useful, since it allows us to resolve situations more quickly when they are presented again. For that reason, learning positive behaviors, full of confidence and demand, is vital for them to be retained in the subconscious, in such a way that they emerge when they decide freely on a certain action.
Negative situations in children's subconscious
- Children who continually hear that they are small and can not comment, of adults may have a deep fear of expressing their opinions.
- Children who are humiliated Repeatedly with phrases like "you're worthless, you're a mess," they'll believe they're really incapable of doing something right, and their self-esteem will be undermined. This will be the automatic message that your subconscious will send to your conscience, when a new occasion arises in which you have to prove yourself.
- Children too protected, with parents that prevent them from doing risky activities, they will grow up with fear of carrying out new projects.
- Children who are not very talkative or talkatives, because at home verbal communication is nil or almost nil.
- Children who keep their feelings, Both negative and positive, because they are taught to repress their emotions, or they see their parents who do not express their feelings.
- Children who hate women because their parents physically or psychologically mistreat their mothers or vice versa.
Tips to work the subconscious of children and educate in positive
1. Ask for forgiveness. If at some point you have lost patience and humiliated your child or you have said something that has instilled fear, talk to him as soon as possible to erase that negative memory. Show him your repentance, tell him that you have let yourself be carried away by passion and that you do not think that way about him because you love him so much.
2. Reinforce your responsibility. When your child perceives that you are happy for a good act he has done (for example, not excusing himself from a bad action), in his subconscious he will reject the attitude of making excuses and will reinforce the virtue of responsibility. The conscious will encourage you to repeat it to receive more love.
3. Stimulate your conscience. The subconscious in the same positive situation will behave in the same way as the conscience, because it loves affectionate stimuli.
4. Give him confidence. "I did not expect less from you", love, joy, serenity and encourage autonomy "you can !!", are the basic tools to educate both the conscious and the subconscious.
5. Act with consistency. Remember that your subconscious also retains what you see, and not only what you hear. For this reason, it is very important that we be coherent. For example, if we want to educate them in order, and they see us as disordered, they will receive two contradictory messages in their subconscious.
The subconscious works at bedtime
Stimulate the subconscious of your children to educate in positive and direct it in our favor.Prepare a story in which the protagonist stands out for a virtue you want for your son. Tell him when he gets in bed and he gets affectionate. Once the positive information of the fairy tale has been received, the subconscious will think freely during a great part of the dream, which will help to fix that virtue.
Advice: Antonio Estefanía