5 tips to not lose patience with our children
Being patient with our children does not mean we let them get past bad actions. In these cases, we should not exaggerate the facts, but correct them with justice and teaching them to fix the damage inflicted. And it is worth noting that Educating with patience is not at odds with the requirement. On the contrary, the requirement with love is the key so as not to lose patience with the children, and so permissive is the permissiveness as the irritability.
Serenity, firmness, control and knowing how to wait are required in large quantities by parents to send their children and do not lose patience. Being a father or a mother is not a simple task and less so in a world in constant movement in which many activities are carried out, which can lead to loss of control.
The love, the key to educate with patience
For the psychologist Gonzalo Jiménez, "it is important for parents to remember that children can not be treated as adults who know everything." So as not to lose patience, when you talk to your child or you demand him, you must remember that he is only a few years old, It is still unclear what it is to live in society, norms, and that their way of assimilating is different. "
Under these precisions emphasizes that not to lose the nerves or the patience, "when to educate children it is, it is convenient to proceed in a calm way, to dominate, to reflect, to propitiate the dialogue and to load of much, but much patience".
Parents must have patience so that our educational work goes well, and we must exercise it through affection. Through love, we will obtain the necessary light to discover the small changes that happen every day as the children advance in their development. Our children are learning little by little, and instead of passing these advances overlooked, it is best to congratulate them for their small advances: you already know how to tie the laces, dress himself, etc.
5 tips to not lose patience with our children
1. Before a tantrum of our son, it is normal that we get tense and something inside ask us for "war", but we can not get up to the same height as the child and react with anger. Our aggressiveness will probably excite yours. It is better to let him continue with the tantrum until he calms down and then, hug him once he is calm and tell him we want to fix the situation.
2. Whenever an unjustified slap escapes you, say sorry. Do not think that you lose authority, but quite the opposite. Explain why it is wrong what you have done, but tell him that you love him very much and embrace him.
3. Always avoid derogatory comments or compare it to other children or their siblings: "you are a disaster", "you always do everything wrong", "you are bad", etc. Our son is not bad. He has only made a mistake without realizing it. It is important that we do not label the child, because it would be totally unfair (keep in mind that he is learning) and that appreciation on the part of the parents can hurt him.
4. Ask yourself from time to time, How many times a day have you told your son: "How well you have ordained Mary today"; "Very good Juan, yesterday you did not get up when you went to bed" and compare with the times you have punished them for a bad action. The balance always has to be superior to the times we have praised him for his good deeds than for the times we have punished him.
5. If your child gets a tantrum because he wants something that is reasonable in itself - go for a walk, snack ... - do not give in at that moment and face the kick. Later, when he's calmer, tell him how he has to ask for things and give him a second chance. If he asks for it then, grant him the wish. This way you will learn from your own experience how you should ask for things.
The importance of patience to educate
The patience is the actitud that leads the human being to power endure any setback And allows see clearly the origin of the problems and the best way to solve them. It is a virtue that helps calmly face the tribulations and accept with serenity the pain and trials of life.
Therefore, the parents as models of identity for the children in the first stages of life give the guideline in the resolution of any situation. If the adult presents an image of restlessness, intolerance or inadequate handling of their emotions, they obtain children with low tolerance to frustration, with easy emotional reaction and difficulty to solve.
How to be patient in the education of children
Tolerate the defects of people without missing charity, and help them. To arrive at the discernment and the reflection, that will help us to be patient, without stopping to correct in the indicated and opportune moment. Wait a while, smile and give a good response to an impertinence.
Learning to wait patiently is a virtue. One of the characteristics of despair is that you see everything negative; the patient man learns to cope with difficulties.Through the inner attitude, which is adopted in the face of external circumstances, happiness can be achieved.
Advice: Eusebio Ferrer. Bachelor of Science in Information and Family Counselor