10 habits to teach children before adolescence
During adolescence communication problems can occur in families, especially if the child has not acquired a series of fundamental habits throughout his childhood. Therefore, it is important to encourage communication with children since they are young to know their situation and their problems throughout their growth.
But in addition, instilling a series of fundamental habits will not only improve coexistence within the family, but will encourage them to develop their own sense of responsibility. The implementation of these 10 habits before adolescence will help your children in their own personal growth.
Many psychologists recommend correcting bad behaviors, behaviors or attitudes. It is important to set limits and put a series of
The period in which these habits are fixed and become part of our routine is preadolescence. At this stage we must lay the foundations for the future personal development of our son. Reinforcing their self-esteem and motivating them will be very important in this stage, in which many insecurities often arise.
10 essential habits in preadolescence
1. Spend some time each day talking: In this stage of pre-adolescence, our children tend to shut themselves up and do not like to talk too much. To avoid this isolation, we can acquire the habit of talking a little bit with them every day. Dining together is a great time to connect and the family is usually together at that time. It is also a great moment to talk with the family.
2. Do not use the mobile at the table: Children learn from the behaviors they observe at home. It is important to establish this habit that you, as a mother or father, do not use your mobile phone at the table. In addition, it is also important to control the use of screens in children (television, console, PC *) It is not advisable to use them for more than half an hour or an hour a day. We must encourage their creativity: they play, they paint, they dance, they do sports ... It is not good for their proper intellectual and physical development to stay hours and hours in front of a screen.
3. Play: The most enriching activity for a child is playing. Never go back to childhood so it is important that they play and that they know friends. In addition, parents should be aware of who our child's friends are and encourage them to share moments with them.
4. Encourage you to know their interests: As you grow up, you will change your hobbies or interests, know what you like or are passionate about or what you hate, it will help you not to lose track of your child and to continue to know you.
5. Respect: We live in society and we must teach the child to respect himself and others, valuing the rest of people for what they are and giving them tools to cultivate a good coexistence in society. It is also essential to teach them respect for the environment, to recycle and respect forests and animals. .
6. Hygiene: It is essential to teach them daily hygiene habits, for example, brushing teeth is an essential habit to avoid cavities and maintain a healthy mouth. Also wash your hands before eating, since the hands of children are the means by which they transmit more diseases.
7. Read every day: It is necessary to encourage the habit of reading daily and from babies. The first stories of images strengthen the father / mother-child bond and stimulate their language. Habituar them to the story before sleeping, enhances the taste for reading the child and, when they are able to read alone, a little while each day favors their academic performance and personal enrichment.
8. Regular schedule: since they are born, children need routines. When they are very babies, the routines of sleep, bathing and meals help them to situate themselves in time and space, creating a safe and predictable environment for the child. It is very important to make sure that you sleep at least 8 hours a day.
9. Mediterranean diet: eat fish, use olive oil in the kitchen and fill our table with products from the garden, they are nutritional values that educate the palate and cultivate family health. Another important habit is to habituate them to eat with water and not with soft drinks. The day to day should be with water and in some occasional special consume juices or soft drinks.
10. Be ordered: know how to organize and value the things they have allows them to enjoy more things and appreciate every little detail. It is important to cultivate the values that you will later have in adult life.
María Rojas Sanabria