Word games for long trips with children
Mom, when did we get there? It is to listen to this phrase and to be sure that summer is already here. With its long days, afternoons of walk, beach mornings * but before all that, a long trip ahead. If you are one of those who have more than five or six hours of travel ahead before reaching your holiday destination, do not lose sight of these 5 proposals of games that will make it a bit more bearable.
5 word games for long family trips
1. The classic I see-see: the classics never die so you can spend a very pleasant time singing the "I see-see / what you see / a little thing that starts with the letter ...". If your children are still too young to know the lyrics, you can version it to "... a little bit of color ...".
2. Who is who of the family. Do you remember that game in which you had to guess who was the character of the selected card through simple questions? He wears a hat, he is blond, he has blue eyes * You can do the same with the family, with the classmates of the children's school, with characters from his favorite series ... Whoever links it will think of a person and will respond to the questions that you ask.
3. The colors. A game of chance where there are. Each member of the family will choose a color and will add points according to the number of cars you see with your chosen color in a certain time. Who gets more points, wins .. an ice cream at the edge of the sea?
4. The numbers. The license plates of the cars give a lot. If your kids are starting with operations, you can use license plate numbers in many ways: adding each number, adding two and two and subtracting one amount from the other, dividing the first three digits by the last one * An ideal way to boost your mathematics and yours.
5. The letters. Choose a semantic field and look for words that begin with the letters of the car in front of you. For example, if you choose animals and the car in front has the letters BZI, you can say, Donkey, Fox and Iguana. Or, to make it even more difficult, you can search for words in English or another language, either by limiting the semantic field or not, according to your level and that of your children in this language.
As always in these cases, the role of the co-pilot is very important because the driver, although he can join the game, must always keep his attention on the road so give a hand to the driver so that he does not get too distracted.
Diana Martín Director of Mama has a plan