5 tips to enjoy family cinema
Choosing a good movie that arouses the interest of the whole family is a challenge faced by many parents, especially when they want to transmit values to children through the big screen and take advantage of the cinematographic content to educate children, since many films can give rise to interesting topics of conversation and family communication.
Ana Herrero, a psychologist from the Brains School, affirms that "the opportunity to spend time with the children with such an entertaining activity should be seized, so that they may come to understand certain values or social situations that normally come through this medium, accompanied by for the explanations of the parents, it is about giving a complementary education through another type of material, such as the audiovisual, in a pleasant and different way ".
In addition, Ana Herrero says that "these moments of family cinema also serve to create an atmosphere of trust and family unity, as children to be in a relaxed and entertaining situation can take these moments to talk to their parents, discuss any problems ... Children can see themselves reflected in some aspect of the film or they can, through it, receive new information about the world that surrounds them and want to learn about it, parents can take advantage of that moment to comment with them their concerns, since they will be more receptive. "
How to choose a movie to watch as a family
1. Find out before choosing the movie: read the synopsis and check that the theme is appropriate and includes educational values that can be transmitted to children. Make sure, through criticism and public forums, that the film is appropriate for the age and personality of the children.
2. Choose a funny movie. The fun, either because of his sense of humor or his adventures, is essential so that children do not lose interest.
3. Choose the right moment. If you are going to take them to the cinema, choose a session in the early afternoon so that they are not tired and fall asleep in the room. Yes. On the contrary, you will watch the movie at home, choose the weekends when they have already fulfilled their duties and other obligations.
4. Do not focus only on moral or pedagogical content. Sometimes, a simply funny movie releases tensions and promotes an open and honest communicative environment.
5. Rate the film as an educational proposal: After the activity, you have to take time to sit down with the children and adolescents to listen to their perception and the conclusions of what they have seen. Parents should make them understand situations that due to their age they do not know or do not understand and highlight the most appropriate behaviors.
Movies in the original version to learn languages
The cinema attracts children in a very special way and it is convenient to take advantage of this advantage to offer contents and values in a different way. "We can also use films to develop other languages." Seeing animated films that children already know facilitates the learning of other languages.
In addition, watching a subtitled film is a very useful tool to encourage reading. We must not forget that the brain of children is a real sponge and we must take advantage of all the opportunities that this medium offers us to be able to instill habits, knowledge and values, "explains psychologist Ana Herrero.