Baby toys, how to play safely
In the first stage of their life, children play with their own body and with their parents, who begin to interact with him. But from the second semester you are able to pick up several objects at once and identify the color, texture and sound. This is the time to select the most appropriate toys for the baby, considering his young age.
The first baby toys
First, it must be adapted to the physical characteristics and age of the child. From 6 months and up to 18 months, without going any further, it is better that we opt for games that favor the awakening of the senses, motor learning and the ability to imitate.
The mobile, one of the most common entertainments at this age, we should try to hang it in a place that the child does not have constantly in sight. The baby will be very attracted to its colors, movements and music, and will want to catch and suck it. Therefore, it is important to act prudently.
After 8 months, the toys for the bath begin to acquire special importance: our son, sitting in the bathtub, will enjoy holding his dolls and splashing in the water.
Tips for parents about toys
For the child, any object can become a toy. Even so, and bearing in mind that the Christmas gift season is approaching, many parents are considering how to choose the best among all the products offered by the market. For this, it is necessary to follow these tips:
1. Do not let him bite his plush or stuffed toys. Although at first sight they seem harmless, the child could end up choking on the cloth.
2. Keep dangerous toys away. Avoid placing toys that have strings or ribbons greater than 30 cm in length, to avoid possible strangulation.
3. Choose eye-catching games. Decántate for those games that are noisy and bright colors (rattles, cubes, dolls). This type of objects especially stimulate the child's senses.
4. Store the toys correctly. Try to keep the toys of our little one inside a box, avoiding that they are scattered around your room. The child could trip over them and hurt themselves.
5. Periodically check the baby's toys. With their use they can deteriorate and become dangerous objects. If you see a broken toy, do not hesitate to throw it away as soon as possible.
6. Select a complete toy. When you launch yourself to acquire a game for your baby, choose those that stimulate any facet of your personality (imagination, creativity, etc.), without forgetting other aspects such as solidity (so that they last a long time) and safety (the brand CE on a toy is a guarantee that it is safe).
The dangers of toys for the baby
Beginning at 8 or 10 months, the babies begin to move autonomously. Soon they can grab a large part of the objects that until now seemed unattainable. Therefore, it is necessary to be aware of:
- Small objects. Be especially careful throughout this period so that the child does not manipulate objects too small to swallow.
- Sharp objects. Avoid that children have contact with sharp or heavy objects that may end up damaging.
- Frayed objects. Remove those fabrics that can fray (and with which you can choke)
- Objects of toxic paint, glass or plastic. Remove the games with a layer of toxic paint and those of glass or plastic that can break.
- The recommended age. Respect the recommended age and do not provide a baby with recommended toys for older children.
Toys as a way of learning
The toys that babies have to pull, push or roll, will accompany you throughout the learning of the march and will serve to better coordinate your movements.
The cubes, another of the most common amusements at these ages, will allow you to develop, little by little, his skill and intelligence. Thanks to them, the baby will enter the world of "construction-demolition", an extremely important ritual when the child acquires consciousness of power over the objects that surround him.
All those entertainments that the baby has to hit will allow the child to express their aggressiveness, as well as to practice the best way to master your gestures. It will also be the perfect excuse to imitate their elders: some objects like the briefcase, the telephone or the control will be the way through which our son is building his personality.