How to choose the best play for your child
If there is an activity that stands out in the plans with children as a family, that is the theater. Attending a play with children is an unforgettable experience for the whole family, especially for children. Choose the most suitable work for children in which age, theme, duration ...
If you want to know how to choose the best play for your child you should bear in mind that the slow and simple interpretation, the theme based on stories, fables or stories designed for them and the lure of the live are the ingredients that make the children's theater a perfect plan for family weekends.
Tips for choosing a children's play
However, the choice of plays is not always easy. The taste for theater must be done in a sensitive way, just as we introduce children to the pleasure of reading. Therefore, we give you some tips so that an exit to the theater is, always or almost always, a success:
1. Choose something appropriate to your child's age.
If your child is less than 4 or 5 years old and is not too used to sitting attentive to one thing, it is best to opt for a play lasting no longer than 30 minutes.
If you have taken him to the theater since he was a child, surely after 3 years of age he will be more than 45 minutes attentive to the show.
2. For babies, the works must be interactive. Make sure they can interact with the actors or touch the elements of the scene. It is lovely to see them shape their hands with what they have seen on stage.
3. Choose themes according to your age.
The theater for babies is very stimulating and delicate, but generally, it does not get much in children over 5 years.
After 5 years they can follow a more or less complex story without problems and enjoy it. Approach them. Do not resist leaving behind a stage. The next one will be fascinating too.
There are works with more or less action, but all with some teaching.
4. Look for works with messages: many theatrical proposals include educational teachings on values such as respect for the environment, respect for others, solidarity, the importance of good nutrition ... there are even those who talk about the bullyng and other sensitive issues. All great to talk about topics that is not easy to get at home.
5. Rgo to music shows and concerts, if you have two or more children with an age difference that makes it difficult to take them to shows that everyone likes. Music and dance always dance, they appeal to all ages, and they tend to encourage movement, which makes it possible for babies to hold more time and for older ones to indulge in uncontrolled dancing. The space is usually enabled so that there are many children dancing at the same time, so there will be no problem.
More information at: Theater for babies and children
Diana Martín Nieto. Director of Mama has a Plan