Cherries in the children's diet
Cherries are a typical fruit of the months of May and June, which have a high content of flavonoids and vitamins A and C. The properties of these substances stimulate the activity of the immune system and cell regeneration and, for this reason, cherries in the diet of children contribute to the growth of children.
They are also very beneficial in infant feeding because they constitute a good accumulation of minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorus or potassium and trace elements that prevent anemia and any type of deficiency that usually appear during the first years of childhood.
These are some of the many benefits that cherries provide in children's diet and that help the immune system to protect the body against diseases.
The benefits of cherries for children
1. Rich in antioxidants (Vitamins A and C). Cherries stimulate the activity of the immune system and regulate the biorhythm of children helping them during the day to boost their daily activity and during the night to promote nighttime sleep.
2. High polyphenol content. Cherries help control inflammation and pain by their analgesic action.
3. They are one of the fruits with fewer calories and less fat. However, they have a high energy intake by producing substances such as serotonin and melatonin.
4. They have a high fiber content. It improves intestinal transit and helps children in the process of digestion.
5. They contain sugars of easy assimilation, so they are very suitable for baby purées and baby food.
Seasonal cherries for children
Both cherries and pillories, being small fruits, are ideal to incorporate into the diet of children. They taste delicious and are an easy food to eat anywhere without using cutlery. This advantage allows children to use them for lunch or snack at school, in the park or on excursions.
Another way to consume cherries is by drinking their juice. The cherry juice is a totally natural drink, with a very intense red color, which the children find fun and sweet. And in addition, the juice is a quick and easy way to drink cherries for children who do not like to eat fruit.