With the baby in the car
The journeys by car are always exhausting, especially when we travel with the baby. Avoid long trips, make frequent stops, go out in the hours that are less hot and carry a baby bag with everything you need in terms of food and hygiene are some of the essentials that can not miss when traveling with the baby in the car.
At least every two hours it is necessary to stop and air. For the parents it is essential to stretch the legs and for your baby to get out of his safety seat can be a liberation. It is advisable to look for an area away from the road and in the shade in order to spread a blanket, if the baby crawls or change the diaper and offer him something to drink and eat. Also, keep in mind that if you cry a lot it is better to stop and take care of you, rather than continue in this situation that can make the driver nervous.
Although air conditioning is already present in all vehicles, it is not advisable to abuse air conditioner with the baby in the car. For this reason, choose to travel the hours of less heat, since the safety seats wrap the child and provide heat to the baby.
For the journey, do not forget to bring the music you like, a bag with your toys and some specific games to entertain the children in the car.
Tips for traveling with the baby in the car
- Wait at least two hours after you have finished eating the child before making a trip to avoid dizziness.
- If the baby seat is type 0 or 0+, it can be placed in the opposite direction to the gear in the rear seat. It can also be installed on the front whenever the airbag is deactivated. Placing the stroller in the opposite direction allows greater protection of the neck, head and spine.
- Travel at night or early morning whenever possible, because children will spend most of their time sleeping.
- When entering and leaving the car, always make sure you know where the children are before starting to avoid accidents.
- Do not load the rear tray of the car with great weights, since before a braking they could fall on them.
- Prepare a bag to have on hand in the car everything that may be necessary during the trip: wipes, diapers, baby bottles, pacifier, a change of clothes, warm clothes, and some toys to distract the baby.
- Make stops every two hours So they can stretch their legs, get out of the car and take the air in summer. It is also advisable to avoid the hottest hours.
- Include in the carry-on bag a small first-aid kit with which to be prepared before any unforeseen.