5 tips to start the year in a healthy way
The hypocaloric foods, the pecking, the sweets are some of the consequences that, at the level of food, brings with it Christmas and everything that surrounds it.
All these excesses provoke a series of nutritional imbalances, Therefore, when January arrives it is convenient to return to the good eating habits and follow these tips that from "5 a day" propose us to start the new year in a healthy way:
1. Eat 5 servings between fruits and vegetables throughout the day. Introduce a piece of fruit or a glass of natural juice in the breakfast It will start the day in a healthy way. In the desserts of dinner and lunch and mid-morning or snack, fruits are the best allies. At lunch and dinner vegetables boiled, sauteed, mashed or in salad and cooked as garnish, are essential to balance the daily menu.
2. Exercise is the perfect complement to a healthy diet, to take a healthy life style. We must find the physical activity that is most compatible with our daily routine and avoid the "binge" of gym which are difficult to maintain over time. For example take the stairs instead of taking the elevator, ride instead of taking the car for short trips, use the bike, walk, walk to school or work, and if it is far, get off a bus stop before. Active family leisure is a good option to reduce the sedentary lifestyle of the whole family, especially children.
3. Do not chop between hours, and if we can not resist, the best thing is to resort to fresh fruits, because they are the best and healthiest snacks. However, the advisability is Make 5 meals spread throughout the day: breakfast, mid morning, lunch, snack and dinner.
4. Incorporate different varieties of fresh vegetables into the usual recipes, there are always seasonal, tasty and economical. With this you will achieve a healthier and more balanced diet and also the smallest of the house will taste new flavors.
5. Water is the best drink. Drinking water is vital for your health.