Discover Andorra as a family: the most kids-friendly places
Andorra, that small principality hidden among the Pyrenees, is well known for its shops and its great ski season, but its summers are also full of life and plans to enjoy with children and family. This summer discover Andorra and its places more kids-friendly.
Beyond the shopping and the snow, Andorra is home to a wealth of landscapes, Romanesque art and culture. Activities and hiking routes, theatrical itineraries, shows for the whole family ... they are just a small snack of everything that Andorra offers. Here we leave some of the most interesting proposals.
Andorra as a family this summer
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL. Whether you've never seen one of his shows, or if you're his number one fan, this is an incredible opportunity to enjoy his magic. Cirque du Soleil says goodbye to Andorra with Stelar, the last show in the Scalada saga, unique in Europe. The lucky ones who get one of the 5,000 seats available will be able to enjoy the best aerial acrobatics never seen before.
- Where. In the public parking of Central Park (in the center of the capital).
- When. From July 1 to July 30, 2017.
- Price. There are free tickets (standing) and tickets to € 18 (seat on the tier).
- The most important. Some hotels offer accommodation + entrance packages at very interesting prices.
- NATURLANDIA This adventure park located at more than 1,600 meters high offers all kinds of activities and sports in nature. Archery, driving buggies, horseback riding, animal park or zip lines are some of the activities that the little ones can do in this space made to measure.
- Where. Sant Julià de Lòria.
- Price. Adults, Jul 19 (from 12 years old) -, and children, € 22.
- Magical nights. During all the nights of July the park prepares guided tours through the forests of La Rabassa that end with an outdoor dinner.
- THEATRALIZED ITINERARIES. Until September 10, the Andorra Tourism Office offers dramatized visits to the capital that will bring the youngest to the stories, traditions and culture that are hidden in the streets and squares of the capital of the principality.
- Where. Andorra la Vella.
- Price. Andorra la Vella Tourist Office.
- Visit with "Don Francisco de Zamora": this magistrate, writer and Spanish traveler of the Enlightenment will accompany the whole family during a tour that will transport young and old to the Andorra of the eighteenth century.
- PERFUME MUSEUM Museums and children have never gotten along well. A place where you can not touch anything, or run, or scream can not be fun. But there are different types of museum. In the Perfume, in Andorra, the visit will be the most stimulating for the little ones, since they will be able to play to guess the different smells exhibited in the museum and even create their own perfume at the end of the visit.
- Where. Escaldes-Engordany.
- Price. Adults € 5 (over 12 years old) and children € 2.
- What will we find? The museum collects the stories and sensations of thousands of essences from all eras and is a space where the visitor will discover brushstrokes of the world and Andorran history through aromas.
- HIKING: ROUTES OF THE LAKES OF TRISTAINA. This tour is made by three large lakes at more than 2,000 m altitude, offering a spectacular landscape. It is ideal to do with children because it starts on the road, does not have large slopes and you reach the 3 lakes without walking much.
- Where. Arcalís (Andorra).
- Price. The routes can be done with or without a guide.
- Other routes with children. The Ferro Route It is a cultural route that offers the last view of Andorra's mining past. Throughout it you can see works of contemporary art by renowned artists who commemorate mining life and museums or old buildings related to it.
- MON (T) MAGIC: FAMILY PARK OF CANILLO. It is a park of experiences and adventures for the whole family. Minigolf, water scooters, trampolines, canoeing ... They also offer a route around the park where a guide explains and shows the flora and fauna of the area to the little ones.
- Where. Canillo
- Price. Between € 5 and € 10 per activity (some are free)
- MOUNTAIN BIKE WORKSHOP IN BIKE PARK ANDORRA. In this space only allowed bicycles, adults and children can enjoy both green tracks accessible to everyone, to black only for the most experienced. In addition, the young people of the family can take Mountain Bike classes to improve or improve speed control, learn to react to obstacles, etc.
- Where. Soldeu
- Price. Between € 36 and € 60
- Material: bikes and accessories for protection can be rented in the park itself.
- OBSERVATION OF MARMOTES. The Hotel Piolets Park & Spa **** organizes daily trips in 4x4 to marmots' nests where you can see where and how these little animals live and discover all their curiosities. You will visit the Estany Primer de Pessons, the Llac de Cubil or the Route of the Smugglers.
- Point. Hotel Piolets Park & Spa ****, in Soldeu.
- Price. Adults € 27/3 hours and Children € 23/3 hours.
- Further. There is the possibility to combine this output with rafting trips through the wild water rivers near the hotel.
Paula Boira - Esther del Campo