Connect with children through sports
Create a link between parents and children is one of the most important missions in the upbringing of the little ones. How to connect with children? How to establish this relationship in a healthy way? These are two of the questions many parents ask themselves when it comes to educating. While there are many ways to establish these links with children, the sport is a very good one.
Through sport, the little ones can learn great values together with their parents and foster this bond. In this sense Alberto Dorado Suárez, head of Sports Promotion Service Directorate General of Sports of Castilla-La Mancha, poses physical activity as an educational tool and a way of preparing for adult life.
What can it contribute?
The sport has a great importance In today's society and given its multifunctional nature, many skills can be learned by the little ones. Practicing some of these physical activities not only results in staying fit, it also entails learning various very important skills and also doing it in the most fun way.
An example is the importance of teamwork. While it is true that some sports are practiced individually, there are many others that promote collaboration. In this way parents and children can learn to act together, something that after all is the way in which a family works, everyone has their role and they need to understand each other to obtain great results.
In addition, fair play is therefore a good opportunity to developing of honesty attitudes. A great formula for the little ones to tell all those to their parents when they have a problem. Something that will also be reinforced by spending time together, between parents and younger ones, since children will see in adults a support in whom to trust.
Learning to exercise
How foment Exercise at home? These are some keys for this purpose:
1. No sedentary lifestyle. Any type of daily activity is better than the sedentary option. Walk, use the bicycle and climb the stairs. Ensures study and learning time. Limit the time in front of the television and other electronic devices.
2. Fun and game. Group, fun and outdoor activities are preferable. Security. The physical environment must be adequate and without dangers. Pay attention to the safety rules for practicing sports.
3. Adapted to health conditions. Physical activity adapted to each health situation improves globally the health status and evolution of children with chronic disease and disability.
4. Question of habits. The practice of physical exercise should be a healthy habit from childhood. Habits are easily maintained over time and missed when they are missing.
5. Priority activity. Incorporate physical exercise between your child's daily activities. Take advantage of extracurricular activities and invest in your health.
6. Incorporate sports into the family routine. Give example Do physical exercise and plan family activities if you want your child to be active.
7. Hydration. It ensures the supply of liquids, especially when the activity is intense and the environment is hot.
8. Help maintain a varied and balanced diet. Fundamental pillar for health along with physical activity.
9. Improve discipline. The benefits of sport require continuity and maintaining the habit regularly helps children educate their own discipline.
10. Increase strength and energy. Sports practice also develops muscle strength, endurance and contributes to having more energy to perform any activity. All this increases the children's self-esteem and self-confidence.