Suction instinct, how to stimulate it in babies
Get a good lactation in the first days after the birth of the baby is the basis of good nutrition. In addition, breastfeeding also creates a very special bond between mothers and children. These two reasons make it clear that you have to bet on her in raising a child. To encourage this practice you can encourage the sucking instinct in the little ones.
How to favor suction
- It is necessary to avoid offering pacifiers and bottles until the children suck correctly as the suction of these accessories is different from the one performed on the chest. It is better not to confuse them until they have well assimilated the sucking instinct.
- Get a baby carrier and take the baby close. In this way the child will become familiar with the body of the mother that this method favors the reflections of search, sucking and grasping.
- It is recommended to take some milk droplets and put them on the baby's lips to familiarize them with their taste and texture and enhance their reflexes with this food.
- Perform circular massages On your lips with your index finger changing direction from time to time will also help to improve the sucking instinct.
- In cases where the child is nervous and does not finish hooking, you can try massage your palate with the tip of a clean finger. In this way the baby will resume the movements of tongue and lips creating the perfect situation to start breastfeeding.
Benefits of breastfeeding
Breastfeeding brings many benefits. Here are some of them:
- Is the most suitable food and natural for the baby. It contains all the nutrients that the child requires at this age for its development. Breast milk is always prepared and at the right temperature.
- It adapts in every moment to the needs of the child. A food prepared for when the baby feels the need to eat.
- Protects against infections since it contains a large number of antibodies and defenses that give the baby more security.
- Help the recovery of women after childbirth as it reduces their bleeding and prevents diseases such as anemia.
- It favors the link between mother and child and even with the father in the so-called triangle of breastfeeding-It is an economic saving in the upbringing of the child since it supposes a food that is not bought in stores.
In addition, the mother also receives multiple benefits thanks to breastfeeding. On the one hand, it favors its recovery after childbirth because it is released oxytocin, hormone that helps contract the uterus more quickly, so that blood loss after delivery will be less. Also, women who have breast-fed are less likely to get breast cancer.