The practical summer kit: what can not be missed
To go on vacation with children, it is necessary to prepare a practical summer kit with everything necessary. It is advisableconsult with your trusted doctor first above all what you must take, tell him what place you have chosen for the summer season and ask him any questions you may have.
In the summer kit only what is necessary
The travel kit should not be stuffed with medicines, so it is only convenient to carry the necessary ones and those essential for the chronically ill.
1. Analgesics. It is important to include analgesics that you know that you feel good. For children up to the age of 16, paracetamol is always necessary.
2. Hydration salts. Do not forget the rehydration salts because in summer with the heat and changes in place, it is very likely that you suffer from diarrhea and infections and with the salts we control it, in addition to carrying some antidiarrheal.
3. Anti-inflammatories Type ibuprofen, which are very effective for menstrual or headaches.
4. Bronchodilators. In addition, people with asthma can not forget their bronchodilator, as these patients can suffer from asthma attacks with climate changes or different types of plants.
5. Antihistamines. Administer oral antihistamines for stings and a corticosteroid ointment to remedy eczema of the skin.
6. Sun creams. For the prevention and treatment of minor sunburn, it is necessary to use sunscreen products (creams, milks and lipsticks) and products for after sun exposure (moisturizer and protector of skin aging).
Similarly, a rubber to make pressure tourniquets (in the case of muscle bleeding) is very useful and if there is any allergic to certain insects, bring a syringe with adrenaline.
Before the trip
First of all, you have to study the holiday place (beach, mountain, tropical area ...) to take all preventive measures. In the event that it is a tropical destination, it will be necessary to consult the doctor about which vaccines are indicated, both for adults and children.
Dizziness and nausea
It is also important to bear in mind that if you are going to make the trip by car, you have to foresee the possibility that one of the family will get sick, especially if they are small children and the route will be long and with many curves.
There are tablets, gum, suppositories, both for adults and children to prevent nausea and dizziness. In the same way, we must anticipate the fact that these drugs usually cause drowsiness, so it is advisable to avoid driving or taking the variants of these drugs that include caffeine.
Never forget your summer kit ...
Always remember the medication that is followed daily as insulin injections, the inhaler for asthma, a spare glasses and fluids to clean contact lenses. If a specific medication is needed, do not forget to take the generic name with you, since the specific name of the brand used may not exist in other countries.
Medicine review and conservation
The first-aid kit should be checked periodically to avoid self-medication with remains of unfinished treatments. In addition, you must get rid of medications in poor condition or expired.
In the usual pharmacy, you can obtain all kinds of information on the basic rules of conservation, location and review of the kit and the most appropriate content of it.
The first-aid kit should always be in a cool and dry place, protected from heat, light and humidity and obviously, you should always keep it out of the reach of children.
On the other hand, the medicines must be kept in their original containers, which will facilitate their identification, the location of the leaflet as well as the consultation of the expiration date. It is very important to carry the individual health card and the document of displaced persons in case it is necessary to receive medical assistance in the holiday place.
Everything you can not miss in your summer first aid kit
It is very important to carry the individual health card and the document of displaced persons in case it is necessary to receive medical assistance in the holiday place. Check that the first aid kit has the following elements:
3. A triangular bandage.
4. Disposable sterile gloves.
5. Disinfectant wipes.
6. Cream for skin rashes.
7. Antiseptic cream for small cuts and minor burns.
8. Paracetamol and ibuprofen.
9. Inhaler to decongest the nose.
10. Antihistamine for allergy.
11. Hydrophilic cotton.
12. Elastic fixation bandages, bandages, tape.
13. Round tip scissors and tweezers.
14Hydrogen peroxide and alcohol 96º.
16. Approved clinical thermometer.
Adviser: Dr. Ignacio Ferrando. Director of medical programs of Sanitas.