How to organize children's time when leaving class
When the children return from school, the bustle of every afternoon begins with their games, snacks, baths and dinners. As children they are, they are dying to get home and devote themselves to their favorite games, it's their way of resting. But nevertheless,when leaving class, organize the children's time Three to six years is essential for him to adapt little by little to a schedule that allows him to distribute his time in the best way, both for him and for us.
Tips for organizing children's time when leaving class
1. Regulates sleep schedules. The best way is for the child to associate sleep with a series of routine acts. For example: put on your pajamas, read a story, kiss and turn off the lights. And, above all, to be clear that at that moment it is time to sleep and not play.
2. Motivate you to do your homework in the afternoons. We have to be aware that children between 3 and 6 years old will find it very difficult to follow a schedule, because to begin with, it is quite probable that they still do not know how to read the hours and that their notion of time is quite immature.
3. Compare your schedule with yours. The schedule we think of for our son also has to be thought for us: we probably have to help him with homework, bathing or other activities, so we have to make his schedule compatible with ours.
4. Perform the same routine for bathing and dinner daily. He is likely to resist bathing or going to sleep, as he will prefer to play. We can make him see that if he bathes when we ask him, then he will have a lot of free time for his games, and if he goes to bed soon, he can sleep more. It is recommended that we show you the advantages of operating in a certain order.
5. Create habits with schedules. In order for the child to establish habits, it is important that he perform his tasks and activities at the same time and in the same place. It is good, for example, to associate that every day, after the snack, it is time to do homework. And it is also important that these customs are maintained in summer, so that they are not affected by the disorder at the beginning of the course.
Time to do school homework
After four years, the child begins his preschool stage. This is a considerable change for him, since he happens to be subject to a timetable and academic order, although he still does not have a student discipline. Above all, start to work; and now we can begin to educate them at work and what it means. For this, it is good that you get used to doing homework every day.
When we talk about doing homework, we must point out: it is not about embittering the child's life or having him tied to the chair all afternoon, but simply that he gets used to taking responsibility and working a little every day . Again the motivation is necessary again, talking to him and making him see that he is already older and therefore, he has to start doing things of greater, such as working a little every day. The sooner they establish this habit, the better they will go in the future as students.
The tasks that we can send you in that time will be very simple and playful, so that we do not generate a rejection towards them. If you are motivated in the right way, that time you devote to "your homework" can become relaxing and even entertaining. We must add that at this stage we have to be with him so that he can carry out his small responsibilities, since the little one has no notion of time: he would stay for hours in the bathtub playing with his toy boats, it would take a long time to snack and he would go later possible to sleep. That's why parents have to keep track of time and help when necessary.
If you do not put homework at school, we can buy some notebooks of activities for children that we will find in any bookstore or stationery. These are booklets of a playful nature that help develop intelligence, and with those who can entertain coloring, putting stickers, etc. Thus, in addition to encouraging their ingenuity, they will gradually assume the habit of sitting down to work with "paper and pencils".
Time to play when leaving class
Playing, the child recreates in his world and develops his imagination, something as necessary for him as learning to perform tasks that teach him to develop by himself. Therefore, we must respect their time of "leisure", even be participants in their games.
Television, better not
For parents, it is a temptation to leave him with the television set to keep him quiet and quiet while we dedicate ourselves to our things, but it is not a good solution. Television demands moderation in its use when we speak of young children, since the contents with which they can be found are not entirely suitable for them, in addition to making them waste their time instead of promoting other important points for their development.
For this reason, it is preferable that parents make an effort to propose active forms of entertainment (not passive, such as television) to the child. These can be very varied, such as leaving you with various materials for crafts (clay, plasticine, cardboard, etc.), proposing that you make drawings, provide stories to be recreated both in the stories and in the illustrations, or simply, leave you with your favorite toys. With your brothers, in addition, you will have fun assured. And television, better leave it for specific moments like some time during the weekend and under our supervision.
Adviser: Pablo Garrido Gil. Bachelor in Classical Philology, Master and advisor of the IEEE.
You may also like:
- 10 tips to choose bilingual school
- Benefits of telling stories to children
- The usefulness of the duties
- 30 ideas of commissions for your children
- Teach children to watch television