More than 72% of Spaniards go to bed after 11 o'clock at night
"What a dream I have, how bad I have been asleep Tonight. "Usually after this phrase you always think of an external problem as the main cause of this feeling of tiredness, insomnia, noise in the street, nightmares, but in many other cases the answer lies in the routine that people follow. before going to bed: heavy meals, watching television or going to sleep.
In fact, few Spaniards leave to sleep at a decent hour. This is reflected in the barometer of the Center for Sociological Research, CIS. It shows that the majority of citizens in this country go to bed too late, so that the necessary sleep hours are not achieved. And what is worse, this custom is installed at home affecting the little ones.
After 11 on weekdays
Rest is essential to perform well at work or in studies. But in Spain few people get to sleep the 8 hours recommended by specialists, mainly because they go to sleep after 11 at night. This means that the next day your body does not have the rest you need to face the day.
In addition this practice is common, and what is worse, occurs throughout the working days. According to the data of the CIS a 72,6% of the Spaniards goes to sleep after 11 at night on weekdays. A large part of this group goes to bed long after this time, since almost 63% do so between 11 and 1 in the morning, with which the feeling of rest the next day is almost nil.
Also, taking into account that the alarms in almost 60% of the homes begin to sound towards 7 in the morning, in few cases the 8 hours of sleep recommended by the specialists are fulfilled. In other cases it is worse, since the moment of awakening is between 6 and 7 in almost 27% of families in Spain. A percentage where many of the cases that go to sleep after 11 at night are located.
Little rest on holidays
It is possible to think that these situations cause that the weekend or the holidays come, these days are used to rest. But nevertheless happens everything in commonIn fact, it increases the percentage of people who go to sleep after 11 at night. Specifically, 81.4% go to bed after this time during their days without work.
Rest is not fulfilled in these journeys because the time to get up is not postponed. 48% of Spaniards confess to waking up between 7 and 9 in the morning on these free days. Only 14% claim to leave the bed after 10 on holidays or weekends.
Sleeping is one of the most important moments of the day. Although you are not doing anything, a priori, yes you are resetting the body and causing it to recharge batteries to face a day without any problems. Here are some tips to achieve a good rest:
1. Practice exercise. The moderate aerobic exercise is the one that provides the greatest benefits. A system that allows us to free ourselves from stress and daily worries. Therefore, it is essential that we perform some activity with which we feel comfortable and full as walking, riding a bicycle, dancing ...
2. Have a good rest area. Our place of rest must be an oasis of peace that allows us a total disconnection. We have to avoid mobile, portable external stimuli and any electronic device to avoid technological insomnia.
3. Schedules and routine. Our body needs a set schedule and try to go to bed at the same time, as much as possible. This will make it easier for the organism to enter a state of ideal relaxation to sleep and wake up comforted.
4. Tranquility. Conflicts are not good in, but less so in our life, but even less so in order to sleep. Avoid conflicts and bad thoughts before going to sleep, do not think of anything negative and take a break during that moment.
5. Avoid reading and watching television. The place of rest should only be associated with sleep, so we should try to perform other types of activities at another time and place.